If you are finding the easiest way to upgrade Graphics Drivers, then your wait is over! All you need is just keep an eye on the entire article.
This article is based on ‘How to Update Graphics Drivers for Windows? You’ll find all the necessary steps to update all device drivers as well.
Before proceeding with this post, let us make you clear about the term Device Drivers.
Device Drivers are nothing, but it’s just a computer program that helps in controlling a particular type of hardware device (Video Card and Power Supply) that is attached to a device (Computer). Many device drivers are built-in when purchasing an Operating System.
Now, when we have gained a piece of information about Device Drivers. Let’s move forward to know the two fantastic methods to update Graphics Drivers for Windows.
- Traditional Method
- Automatic Method
Before using the traditional way, make sure that you must be logged in as an Admin (Administrator), which means not a standard user. Well, if you are worried, in performing the same instructions, no worries. Just follow the below steps accordingly:
Step 1. At first, press (Windows+r) buttons simultaneously.
Step 2. You’ll see a Run Window, type (devmgmt.msc) in the space, Click ‘OK.’
Step 3. Next, you’ll notice a Device Manager Window. In this click on the Display Adapters-,> then perform right-click on your graphics card & then choose ‘Properties.’
Step 4. Once, you’ll perform all the above steps mentioned in Step 3. Go to the ‘Driver Tab.’
Step 5. Click on the ‘Update Driver’ option & press ‘OK.’
Step 6. On the next Window, you’ll see two options to search for Driver software. Hit the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
Step 7. Follow all the On-Screen Instructions accordingly.
But, in case of your bad luck, the above steps fails or any issues occur, we have another manual way for you.
It’s all about downloading the drivers directly from the hardware vendor. Here’s how you can download the device drivers.
- Look at the name of the display adapters. Let’s say the name is (“NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+”)
- Because the name stars with NVIDIA, then move to the website of the same i.e., http://www.nvidia.com/.
- If in case the name stars with ATI, then move to the respective website as http://www.amd.com/.
- For INTEL, move to http://www.intel.com/.
And, there are some of the rare cases which awake in laptops, and you might not be aware of these cases.
Some laptops try to use the wrong graphics chipset of incompatible graphics chipset for Algodoo.
(Make sure, that this problem is only seen in the “NVIDIA Optimus chipset”). Thankfully, straightforward solutions are already there for such type of issues. You have to perform a few of the steps below.
- Perform a right-click on the desktop & click NVIDIA Control Panel.
- In the left pane, select ‘Manage 3D Settings.’
- In the main Windows, select the ‘Program Settings’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Add’ option.
- Navigate to your Algodoo folder. How? (C:\Program Files (x86)\ Algodoo)-> Choose Algodoo.exe-> then press ‘open’ . (Probably, this step depends on your OS, but this step is straightforward to find).
- Click on the drop-down, where it says ‘Select the preferred graphics processor for this program’ & pick ‘High-performance NVIDIA processor.’
- Tap on the ‘Apply’ button located at the bottom right & you are ready to go.
Well, if you find manual ways a little bit confusing, then one more method is waiting for you, which is the automatic method.
Using this method, you don’t require any effort, and most importantly, this method is convenient and straightforward to use.
All you need is, download the best driver updater software, i.e., ITL Driver Updater from here and rest leave it on to the tool.
After installing the setup, the software automatically performs a deep scan on your device and search for any issues residing in your PC.
If yes! You have a great option to fix those issues in just a single click. The tool offers you amazing techniques to Update Device Drivers like Faster Startup time, one-click update, Exclusion list, faster scanning & fixing of issues & more.
Additionally, if you wish to access it more features like backup & restore, you can go for its pro version as well. A must-try tool!
Hopefully, you’ll find the methods of some help. But, to save your time & energy, we would highly recommend you to go for the automatic method. If you like the post, please do like & share it with your friends.