You have created your WordPress site and you are thinking that your site will be automatically submitted to the search engine. Then let me tell you that you are absolutely wrong.
Here, i will show you how to create sitemap wordpress. Search engines have their own directories and they can’t automatically add any site in their directory. You need to fetch every webpages of your site in their directory. There are many Search Engines about 70 that are using by people in US like countries. Mainly, you only need to fetch your website in major search engines like Google, yahoo and Bing.
Now you must be thinking go to every search engine and then submit every URL or page of your site manually one by one. The best way to index your site in search engines is to create your sitemap.
sitemaps are generally XML file formats which consist every link of a website
Follow these steps to create sitemap WordPress
1. For WordPress site you must be using a SEO plugin. Then no need to install extra plugin to create sitemap. Better use “WordPress SEO by yoast”.
2. After installing this plugin go to left side options. In SEO you will find XML sitemaps. Click on button XML Sitemaps and you will get some links which belongs to your site.
3. Copy the link that appears in your browser .
4. Sign in or sign up for Google webmaster tools here http://www.google.com/webmasters.
5. Click on submit your site and enter your URL there.
6. You will be asked to verify your ownership of site. Different methods will be there. Better go for alternate method and verify with your analytics account.
7. After verification you will find an option about submit sitemap. Submit your .XML url in this place.
You are done now, Your wordpress site successfully registered in Google. Similarly do for all major search engines.